Choose a topic...
The Cardknox solution for Browser-Based POS systems (BBPOS) is a tray application that runs in the background on your computer. It acts as a local server allowing a POS application running in a browser to accept chip-based EMV (Europay, MasterCard, Visa) payments while remaining out of PCI scope. Our BBPOS solution supports all major terminals including PAX, Verifone, and Ingenico among others.
Complete the following steps to configure the BBPOS application.
- Download and install Cardknox BBPOS (PaymentEngineExt).
- Follow the prompts and enter the correct information. If you are unsure about a certain setting, leave the default setting as is. You can modify all settings by right clicking on Payment Engine in the system tray and choose options.
- Confirm that BBPOS is running in the background by its icon in the system tray.
- The POS sends an HTTP POST request containing transaction information, such as the transaction amount, to the local host https://localemv.com:8887.
Note: Transaction details should be in URL encoded Key-Value Pairs (KVP).
- Our BBPOS application receives the request and communicates with either the terminal or a pop-up window on the screen.
- The customer inserts their credit card into the terminal or keys the card number into the pop-up window.
- The transaction data is transmitted to the Cardknox gateway for authorization.
- When the transaction is complete, our BBPOS application sends back the transaction authorization details to your browser in the HTTP response through a redirect URL or AJAX. Transaction results are returned in the HTTP response in KVP format unless otherwise using
xResponseFormat. See the Transaction Settings Table for more information.
- To cancel a currently processing transaction, send xCancel=1 to host https://localemv.com:8887.
- You can find available and required commands and parameters at https://kb.cardknox.com/api/. See the Custom Device Commands Table for BBPOS specific commands.
- The transaction can be redirected to a URL specified in
xRedirectURL. See the Transaction Settings Table for more information.
- Go to https://www.cardknox.com/bbpos/request-redirect.htm for a sample implementation using a redirect.
- Go to https://www.cardknox.com/bbpos/request-ajax.htm for a sample implementation using AJAX.
You can configure transaction setting in the application setting file (right click on Payment Engine in the system tray and choose options) or in a transaction request. In the case of a conflict, settings set in the transaction request will override a setting set in the setting file. Use 1 and 0 for Boolean variables.
|Settings File Name||Transaction Request Name||Parameter Description|
|xKey||xKey||Cardknox API Key|
|DeviceName||xDeviceName||Name of Device|
|DeviceCOMPort||xDeviceComPort||USB COM port assigned to device|
|DeviceBaud||xDeviceComBaud||Device Baud Rate|
|DeviceDataBits||xDeviceComDataBits||Device Data Bit|
|DeviceIP||xDeviceIPPort||IP Address assigned to device|
|DevicePort||xDeviceIPAddress||IP Port assigned to device|
|Device_Timeout||xDeviceTimeOut||Sets amount of time to wait from transaction|
|RequireAVS||xRequireAVS||Forces user to enter cardholder to enter AVS info for keyed transactions (Windows Only)|
|RequireCVV||xRequireCVV||Forces user to enter cardholder to enter card CVV for keyed transactions (Windows Only)|
|EnableDeviceInsertSwipeTap||xEnableDeviceSwipe||Enables device transactions|
|RequirePin||xRequirePin||Requires a PIN for Debit enabled cards|
|RequireSignature||xRequireSignature||Requires a signature|
|EnableWelcomeScreen||xEnableWelcomeScreen||If set to false, will disable device Welcome Screen|
|PrinterName||N/A||Sets printer to which receipts will be sent|
|ExitFormIfApproved||xExitFormIfApproved||Exits payment form after transaction approval without user interaction (Windows Only)|
|ExitFormIfNotApproved||xExitFormIfNotApproved||Exits payment form after transaction decline without user interaction (Windows Only)|
|ExitFormOnDeviceError||xExitFormOnDeviceError||Exits payment form after transaction error without user interaction (Windows Only)|
|EnableSilentMode||xEnableSilentMode||Payment form will not appear. Transaction will be handled solely on device|
|EnableKeyedEntry||xEnableKeyedEntry||Disables keyed transaction on payment form but does show form. Transaction will be handled solely on device.|
|EnableAmountConfirmationPrompt||xEnableAmountConfirmationPrompt||The device will prompt for a confirmation with the amount|
|N/A||xResponseFormat||Specifies Response format. Available formats are KVP, JSON, XML|
|N/A||xRedirectURL||Species a URL to which user will redirected to upon transaction completion|
Custom Device Commands
These commands can be used to transport custom data to or from the device. They should be sent in the xCommand variable. These are standalone commands and are not used during a transaction. Appropriate device variables (xDeviceName, xIP etc) must be sent in. For commands that expect a payload, send in the payload as an xDeviceData variable.
|Device_ShowWelcomeScreen||Displays Welcome Screen on the device|
|Device_SendData||Sends data to device. Does not expect a response|
|Device_GetData||Requests data from device|
|Device_GetFormEvent||Requests form data from the device|
|Device_GetSignature||Displays signature prompt on device. Returns Base64 encoded string.
|Device_ShowItems||Show the items during a transaction.
BBPOS test sites
(Note: in order to use the test site you will need to have downloaded and run our application.)
Use the following integration when you are offline or cannot reach Cardknox
- Send the following command to BBPOS (https://localemv.com:8887) to initiate an offline transaction on the device
- Complete the transaction on the device or on the Payment Engine form
- If successful, you should receive a response as follows:
"xCardNum": "4444330000001111;enc_1_1_Yu2tZUHL2ucliZwKaq5NMKBY5QDArSh8BcroZg4qT6sc39O8fLgRlBxVMQH1jpv+42s9IFTu2cSEi73j6qgtaLkQ5O8gZ2sPBgWnWjDjg6hvYeDJBBTjKh/ms6h6hAhgrfMD+3+ibgrt7OT2Ks2KHQ==_TThACh9hOhTiKte+qU9jRke7f08aAnrsNqjuToWyuP2onSh/ksQN5JOn3yWF2ECMIIrM/uT1MeC3HZxojDV+XDa7+4qJiuKgRh2yyNyAooBtyAh63IzhYd7gaIosEb2U7laOO5d6Zt2HJ4+br7P9hHIEbvElYH2O7uIaQN004c1pki1cJcs0n1ugPLvPpFwUMaUOYUi7z0RuEwX+n/bc9bLHyvYQAt1vo+Z0xteVifT/B0PrNLmGbpElRnwRNpf4koSV05HH363NH/Y4Yu2rnZnCjtOzn1NCPWkt41fUqiVTF1f9ZWCvU7iWR2cLd61Q7OwuT2VLP/c0WnMRbPXDEg==?", "xResult": "S", "xStatus": "Success", "xCommand": "cc:encrypt", "xAuthAmount": "1.99", "xSignatureRequired": "True", "xTransactionMode": "Unknown Entry Mode", "CVM": "Signature" }
- Store the xCardnum data locally until you have a connection and then submit the data as xCardnum or xMagStripe