Choose a topic...
This bundle lets you use the Cardknox gateway to accept integrated payments with NetSuite. It also allows you to securely store payment methods for future transactions.
Note: Only NetSuite administrators can install this bundle.
Install the Bundle
- An existing Cardknox account (live or sandbox) with a token and transaction key.
- Provide Cardknox with your NetSuite ID by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Change Account Settings
- Go to Setup > Company > PE Merchant Account to create a new PE merchant account record.
- Enter the Cardknox transaction and token keys.
- Use the following settings:
Name Description Name Name of the merchant account. PE Void When canceled, voids the Cardknox transaction if a NetSuite transaction is voided. PE Accept ACH Accept ACH payments with Cardknox.
Note: The merchant account needs to be set up for ACH as well.
PE Allow Undeposited Funds If this is checked, it allows the system to accept a payment in the Undeposited Funds account. Make sure to change all credit card types to Group with Undeposited Funds (Setup > Accounting > Accounting Lists > Card Type > Edit > Account tab > Group with Undeposited Funds). PE Void Transaction When Declined If a Cardknox transaction gets declined or fails, automatically voids the NetSuite transaction to balance the books.
Note: Only use this setting if the PE Require Charge Button setting is unchecked.
PE Require Charge Button Transaction does not process if the Charge button was not selected.
Note: This does not apply to sales orders or transactions in edit mode.
PE Send Record Type/Id If this value is checked, the system sends the record type and ID of the record that processed the transaction as part of the transaction in the xCustom01 field. PE Description Field Id The ID of the field to send as the description of the transaction. If this field is empty, or the field is not found on the form that submits the transaction, the system does not send a description as part of the transaction.
- Setup > Accounting > Accounting preferences > Void Transactions Using Reversing Journals.
- Save the settings.
Step 2: Form Setup
Add the “PE” fields to the forms that accept payments (cash sale, cash refund, customer deposit, customer payment, customer refund, sales order). Make sure to hide the NetSuite fields that the plugin is replacing.
|PE Stored Credit Card||The payment method saved with the customer.|
|PE Credit Card Number||The credit card number.|
|PE CVV Code||The security code of the credit card.|
|PE Account Number||The ACH account number (only needed if ACH is enabled).|
|PE Routing Number||The ACH routing number (only needed if ACH is enabled).|
|PE Get Authorization||Perform an Authorize Only transaction (only needed by sales order).|
|PE Retry Transaction||Try charging the card again.|
|PE Merchant Account||The name of the merchant account that should be used. It defaults to the first merchant account created.|
|PE Charge Card||The button that the merchant needs to select for the transaction to process. It should be renamed on the refund form to PE Refund Card.|
Step 3: Upload Existing Customer Card
Use a regular CSV upload and map the fields to PE Stored Credit Card.
Step 4: Use a Card Reader
To use the card reader, select the PE Credit Card Number field, then swipe or insert the card to populate the field with the card data.
Step 5: Test the Installation
From Cardknox, request a sandbox account with a token and transaction key. Follow the installation steps above to perform the setup.
What to Test:
- Approved transaction
- Declined transaction
- Ensure that all scripts are running by creating a transaction and adding a stored payment.
- Verify that the Cardknox log shows the transaction history.
- Make sure other users in NetSuite have access to the bundle and that the scripts run.
NetSuite recommends that administrators who install a bundle test that bundle using a NetSuite sandbox account.
Use the Bundle
Roles and Permissions
Make sure the rules using this plugin have permission for the following:
- Transaction Logs, Saved Search, and Audience (Roles and Employees) need to be set for all users using this bundle.
- Accounting lists need at least View rights (Rule > Permissions > Setup).
- Customer lists need at least View rights (Rule > Permissions > Lists > Customers).
- PE Merchant Account needs at least View rights (Rule > Permissions > Custom Record).
- PE Payment Logs need at least Create rights (Rule > Permissions > Custom Record).
- PE Stored Credit Card needs Edit rights (Rule > Permissions > Custom Record).
Add a Stored Card to a Customer
- In the customer record, select Financials > PE Stored Card
- Select the new PE Stored Card button
You can also add a new card in a transaction screen that has the PE Stored Card field. Check the plus symbol (+) to add a new card.
How the Plugin Pulls Customer Billing and Shipping Values
The plugin retrieves customer billing and shipping values from various locations in a specific order of preference. The order is as follows:
- From the current record itself. If the Bill To or Ship To values are set, they are used. (Exception: a customer payment with a single applied invoice. See Note below.)
- If the current record doesn’t have the Bill To or Ship To values set, then the plugin pulls the values from the parent record (if one exists).
- If no parent record exists, or the parent record does not have the values set, the plugin pulls the values from the address list on the customer record:
- The default billing and shipping addresses are used if they are set.
- If the defaults are not set, the first address is used.
Note: For customer payments with a single applied invoice, the plugin pulls the values from the applied invoice first. If the values are not set on the applied invoice (or if multiple invoices are applied), the plugin pulls the values from the address list on the customer record.
Update the Bundle
Use SuiteBundler to update when a new version is available. SuiteBundler capabilities may change over time; verify the current SuiteBundler features as described in the NetSuite Help Center topic, Updating Bundles in the Bundle Repository.
Uninstall the Bundle
Use SuiteBundler to uninstall the bundle completely. Note that this completely removes all history of Cardknox payments.
Uninstalling this bundle should generally follow the steps provided in the NetSuite Help Center topic, Uninstalling Bundles into Your NetSuite Account. The SuiteBundler capabilities may change over time; review this help topic to verify the current behavior of uninstalling bundles.